Tuesday, May 26, 2009

4 years after buying the house. 8 months since sitting down with the architect. Now just waiting for the appraisal and title process to come together. Then....demolition starts. I can't believe I may really be close to the first hammer coming down on my joke of a kitchen. Really. Could it be called anything else?

Funny too that I'm preparing the move as Bennett toils in the leg and I am left to pack and move on my own...just as I was 4 years ago? The more things change, the more they stay the same.

But this renovation will truly make a difference. Ah, the dream to be in my kitchen with someone else and not worry I might stab them with the closest object. And in this current kitchen, really, there are ALOT of close, sharp objects. And if those are out of reach, I could simply open all the cupboard drawers and trap them in a deadly maze.

So, on to packing the boxes that will move to the rental apartment. I'm still a bit amazed that I've signed a lease without knowing for sure if the dots are all going to connect on the loan. If it doesn't all work out, at least I'll have a place to escape when there is a special legislative session.

No comments:

Post a Comment